Why wearing sunscreen is so important?
Sunscreen is essential for all skin types because wearing sunscreen can not only protect your skin from sunburn, but also:
- Reduce the risk of skin cancer
- Prevent the signs of aging like discoloration, fine lines, and wrinkles
- Maintain an even skin tone
- Reduce inflammation
- Prevents sun sensitivity of active ingredients like Retinol and AHAs.
How to properly apply your sunscreen
1. Choose a sunscreen that has a SPF of 30 or higher.
2. Apply sunscreen approximately 30 minutes before going outdoors, so that it can be absorbed by the skin and protect you.
3. Even if your makeup has SPF, apply sunscreen before your makeup.
4. Reapply sunscreen every two hours while outdors, or immediately after swimming or sweating.
5. Apply sunscreen every single day. Daily SPF use, even if it is cloudy or raining, can help protect your skin from harmful rays.
If you’re looking for a lightweight daily sunscreen, go for the My Signature Vita Red Sunscreen.
Combined both physical and chemical filters in a synergistic way to create high SPF (SPF50+/PA+++), it is non-irritating sunscreen in light and comfortable wear formulas without leaving a white cast.
It is suitable for normal to dry, sensitive skin and if your skin is oily, you can use it as a moisturizer that provides hydrating and sun protection.
How to Prevent Your Sunscreen from Pilling
1. Apply products in the right order (formulas from lightest to heaviest).
2. Wait a few minutes between layers to allow the skincare products to fully absorb.
3. Avoid layering SPF over heavy creams or oil-based products.
4. Exfoliate regularly to remove dead skin, dirt and excess oil that interfere with skincare absorption.
5. Do not rub, pat the product onto your face.